Immanuel: God Is With Us
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not feel dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
We are happy to welcome you to our Upcoming Live ISE Fellowship on Sabbath December 11, 2021 at 6 am UTC. This is the 6th such event since the pandemic restrictions became a reality.
The theme is “Immanuel: God is with Us” as we reflect on how God has led through the past year but also as we anticipate with assurance that He will be with us in the New Year. Dr. Pardon Mwansa, Vice-Chancellor of Rusangu University in Zambia, will be presenting a devotional message. Special musical numbers are also being prepared.
Date and Time
The program will take place on Sabbath, December 11.
Scheduling the time for a worldwide “live” event is a challenge. Our desire is to provide a schedule reaching as many ISE’s as possible. Taking this into consideration, we are scheduling the event to take place Sabbath morning at 1 am, EST, Eastern Standard Time, USA and Canada. Here is what this means for other places in the world:
- San Francisco – 10 pm (Friday)
- Washington DC – 1 am. (Sabbath EST, Eastern Standard Time)
- Dakar, Senegal – 6 am
- Lagos, Nigeria – 7 am
- Beirut, Lebanon – 8 am
- Nairobi, Kenya – 9 am
- Dubai, UAE – 10 am
- Mumbai, India – 11:30 am
- Bangkok, Thailand – 1 pm
- Manila, Philippines – 2 pm
- Tokyo, Japan – 3 pm
- Sydney, Australia – 5 pm
Our Guest Speaker
Dr. Pardon Mwansa, a fellow ISE missionary who is currently serving as Vice Chancellor at Rusangu University in Zambia, will be presenting our devotional message. Dr. Mwansa has served the church as a local pastor, a union president, as well as president of. the Southern Africa-Indian Ocean Division (SID). Before his current assignment he served as a General Vice-President for the General Conference. Dr. Mwansa received a Doctor of Ministry with emphasis in Missiology degree from Andrews University.
Married for 37 years, Dr. Pardon and Judith have navigated with their four children the intricacies of balancing lives serving the church while maintaining a healthy family.
Our prayer is that Dr. Pardon’s words will bring encouragement and assurance that, “God is with Us”.
As a parent, you can anticipate the following:
- The first part of the program will involve the entire family. Both parents and children are invited to participate in one common program. This means that the kids will be with you. However, many devices your family will use, all will be connected to one digital online meeting space. (All separate linking individuals should register to gain access.)
- The second part of the program is the breakout groups. It’s the final part of the overall program. We are organising one separate breakout group for teens (ages 13+) with Millie Castillo and fot early school-age kids (ages 6-12) with Marcos Lopes. We are praying and working hard to make this time a special experience for kids and teens. The program in the breakout groups will last up to 30 minutes.
- Note the meeting ID numbers advertised below. Teens and kids will use separate zoom online meeting spaces to gather.
- Setup the device your child will use in a separate room.
- Just as the adults will join the breakout groups, we will invite your kid to join as well.
- At the moment, simply take them to the device you prepared, click JOIN and enter the zoom meeting with the proper meeting ID.
- If you feel your child needs your presence to take part in the program effectively, please help them throughout the 30-minute program. In this case, you will miss the adult breakout group.
Children (ages 6-12) zoom meeting ID: 945 8916 4160
Teens (ages 13+) zoom meeting ID: 975 4714 3035